Rice Vinegar - A Splash Goes A Long Way

I chanced upon a recipe that requires rice vinegar. I’ve never used rice vinegar in a dish before. The only vinegar I’ve used is the vinegar usually sold in the Philippines, which is cane vinegar. Rice vinegar is completely different with cane vinegar, even in use, so this is totally new to me.

While doing my research on rice vinegars, I realized that sushi rice is mixed with rice vinegar. Another thing I discovered is that rice vinegar is usually used in Asian cuisines.

I chanced upon a website of a certain brand of rice vinegar called Mizkan. It is the distributor of Nakano Rice Vinegar. Mizkan has several flavors of rice vinegar, with each flavor for different purposes. With the flavors they have available like Original Seasoned, Roasted Garlic, Basil & Oregano, Red Pepper, Balsamic Blend, and Italian Herb, you’re definitely not limited to Asian food.

Rice vinegar is the perfect for the health-conscious because it is a healthy alternative to salad dressing, sour cream or butter.

How do you use rice vinegar in dishes? Splash a bit on green vegetables and sliced tomatoes for a simple salad, use it as marinate for grilled chicken, sprinkle some as an added flavor to your favorite pasta recipe, baked potatoes, or hot vegetables.

Check out Mizkan’s website and join the NAKANO Splash Recipe Club for more Splash Tips and free recipes. You'll discover how a splash of rice vinegar goes a long way.

Post?slot_id=41148&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

3 comments:

Alexandra July 16, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

You have to have a good place for your reastaurant business. It must look inviting and a very environmental-frienly place to live in.

Anonymous,  August 25, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

Hi, can you tell me where I could buy rice vinegar? I've looked in several supermarkets within Metro Manila but couldn't find one available.

Thanks.

janis August 25, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

Hi Alexandra! thanks for the visit. Oh... I do hope I have a restaurant. hihi!

Hi Kristine! oh sorry but I'm currently in Singapore. I saw some here, the rice vinegar without the flavor. try looking at Japanese stores. most probably they'll have some. :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP